Section I: The Mind
Learn Your ABCs
It is nearing the end of the workday when my boss rushes into my office and asks if I have completed the new client proposal she had requested. She literally just asked for it this morning! I’ve got tons on my plate and am doing the best I can! Here she is, trying to call me out. She thinks I’m not working hard enough. Defensively, I tell her that I am almost finished, but it was a big task and I wasn’t given that much time. I feel resentful, annoyed, and angry. I go home and lash out at my partner.
Journal about your experience with the ABC model. How did it feel to deconstruct your thoughts in this way? Did you learn anything new or surprising? How might this exercise help you change your life for the better?
Scenario: Your Partner received a promotion at work.
Random Acts of Kindness
List 10 Random Acts of Kindness
Drink the Backwash
Journaling Reflection Questions:
“What changes do you wish to see in the world? How are you showing up to support them? How might you create novel opportunities to be these changes?”
Section II: The Body
Sleep Hygiene Quiz
- Do you sleep less than 7 hours most nights of the week
- Do you have a television in your bedroom
- do you have and/or check your tech gadgets in bed
- Do you have caffeinated beverages within 4-6 hours of going to bed?
- Do you find it hard to go to sleep bc you are ruminating over thoughts, worries, or concerns?
- Do you take any sleep aids besides melatonin?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, you are a good candidate for ramping up sleep hygiene.
Chapter 7: Tune Into Intuition
Stay Triple A Meditation
Universe, source energy, all that is: keep me safe and protected as I uncover and follow my true purpose on this Earth. Allow me to trust my intuition to tell me when I am where I need to be, and also to tell me when I am not. Give me the courage to pursue my dreams, even when doubt threatens to pull me off course. Give me the discipline to stay that course though temptations may distract me. Infuse into me the energy that I need to live out my dreams, and bless me with the integrity to work toward that which is in the highest service of the Universe and its constituents.
Section III: The Spirit
Chapter 11: You Gotta Have Faith
- Close your eyes and repeat “1” to yourself three times, visualizing the number “1” in your mind. If it helps, you can imagine drawing the number “1” in the air or on a chalkboard. Then, visualize the number “2,” and again, repeat it to yourself three times. Do this again with the number “3.”
- Now, count backwards from “10 to 1” in your head.
- From this place of focus, ask the Universe to help guide you in the direction of your True North. Ask that everything you receive, and everything you give, come from a place of the purest intention, and that it all be in the highest service of everyone everywhere.
- When you are ready to release the practice, count forward from “1 to 5” in your mind, and open your eyes.
Chapter 14: Chasing the High
- Are there any creative pursuits in your life that you feel pressure around?
- If yes, what do you think is the source of that pressure?
- What is one action step you can take to diminish that pressure? In other words, can you re-define your relationship to that aspect of your creativity?
- How can you buffer yourself against feeling pressure from your creative outlets or expressions?
Chapter 17: On Purpose
What would you have me do?
Where would you have me go?
What would you have me say?